The Braer - Other Web Sites, Further Reading and References
M.V.Braer, with beach surveyors looking for bird casualties.
Photo by RSPB
Other Web Sites
The following are the only other Braer related links
I could find on the Web, if you know of any others,
please let me know.
A Feature article on the Shetlands Tanker Incident by Greenpeace
A European Cetacean Society mailing list for use in communications
in the Shetlands relating to the Braer disaster
- The Environmental impact of the Wreck of the Braer,
published by the Scottish Office, Edinburgh, price £15.
- Dealing with the Wildlife Casualties of the Braer
Oil Spill, Shetland, January 1993, published by the Shetland
Oil Terminal Environmental Advisory Group, Aberdeen.
- Innocent Passage, the Wreck of the Tanker Braer,
by Jonathan Wills and Karen Warner, Mainstream Publishing, Edinburgh.
- DUNNET, G.M, & HEUBECK, M. in press. The monitoring of breeding seabirds and Eiders. Proc. Roy. Soc. Edinburgh.
- COVEY, R.C., & HILL, T. 1993. Shetland Oil Spill - marine benthos survey. Field survey report. A report to Scottish Natural Heritage from the Joint Nature Conservation Committee.
- FURNESS, R. 1994. Gizzard contents of Seabirds collected after the Braer oil spill. In Seabird Group Newsletter 67.
- HEUBECK, M. ed. 1989. Seabirds and Sandeels. Proceedings of a seminar held in Lerwick, Shetland 15-16 October 1988. Shetland Bird Club.
- HEUBECK, M. in press. Moult flock surveys indicate a continued decline in the Shetland Eider population, 1984-1992, Scottish Birds.
- HEUBECK, M. 1993. After the Braer. In Seabird Group Newsletter 65.
- HEUBECK, M. 1994. The impact of the Braer oil spill on Shetlands breeding seabirds. In Seabird Group Newsletter 67.
- OKILL, J.D. 1993. The recoveries of ringed birds during the Braer oil spill, Shetland 1993. Unpublished report to ESGOSS.
- OKILL, J.D., FOWLER, J., ELLIS, P.M., & PETRIE, G.W. 1993. The effect of the Braer on the diet of the Cormorant in Shetland. Unpublished report to ESGOSS.
- OKILL, J.D. & OSBORN, K. 1994. A review of the Seabird Breeding Season in Shetland - 1993 in the aftermath of the Braer Oil Spill. Unpublished report to ESGOSS.
- SCOTTISH OFFICE. 1994. The ecological steering group on the oil spill in Shetland - An interim report on survey and monitoring, May 1993.
- SUDDABY, D. 1991. Winter seabird monitoring project, Shetland February/March 1991. Unpublished report to Nature Conservancy Council.
- SUDDABY, D. 1992. Winter seabird monitoring project, Shetland 1991-1992. Unpublished report to Nature Conservancy for Scotland.
- SUDDABY, D. & ELLIS. P. 1993. MV Braer Oil Spill, Shetland, Winter Seabird Monitoring, January to March 1993. Unpublished report to the RSPB.
- UTTLEY, J. 1992. Seabirds and Sandeels, a summary of research by Glasgow University since 1990. In Shetland Bird Report 1992.
Back to Previous Page
Back to Braer Index